Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to stashing and/or sharing given web content on a server run by a website hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services used for different aims, so let's explore them. In that way, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you wish to build a blog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service made available by certain file storage providers, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incorrect interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the workload between independent packs of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you would like to share an immense quantity of images with mates or associates since the service is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to handling your email address accounts. Some distributors offer web page hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to run as many video clips as you want without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email address accounts, upload video files, etc. At DLive, for example, you can see web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular content solely.